Oracle's version of Java for Mac
- Official Java JRE
- Gives Mac same Java functionlity as Windows
- Lots of settings for configuration
- Could pose a security risk if exploited
- Not necessary unless you really need Java
Oracle Java for Mac or Java 7 JRE/Java SE Runtime Environment 7 is the official version of Java for Mac by Oracle that allows you to run Java applications and games, both in your web browser and within the OS X Desktop. Because of security concerns, its only recommended that you install Java for Mac if you really need it.
Up until now,
Java 7 JRE is easy to install and from System Preferences, you have many settings to customize it with although the default setting works correctly. From the settings you can also check for updates and decide how much space to devote to Java on your hard drive.
If you regularly use Java applications or games, Oracle Java for Mac is always the most up to date version of Java available.
- Contains fixes for security vulnerabilities